Become a professional translator
By taking this translation training course, you will be able to:
- Prepare accurate quotes, including rates and deadlines.
- Efficiently organize your pre-translation work.
- Find or create appropriate glossaries.
- Effectively manage translation memories to ensure high-quality results.
- Master various translation techniques and utilize appropriate phraseology.
- Stay updated on technological advancements in the translation field, including machine translation.
- Familiarize yourself with industry standards and best practices.
- Expand your services by incorporating new technologies such as pre/post-editing.
- Thoroughly edit and proofread your translations before final delivery.
Equivalent to a 5-year degree
Flexible 100% online training
Training Course Content
Introduction: Translation today
The role of the translator in the translation process
Essential prerequisites: linguistic, cultural, and cross-cultural competences
Essential professional skills
Preparing the translation
Analytical and strategic aspects
Performing the translation
Machine translation and post-editing
Ensuring translation quality
Proofreading and editing
Applying skills in practice
Editorial and journalistic translation
General technical translation
Business and marketing translation
Understanding and mastering business practices
Relations with other stakeholders
Managing your business
Objectives of the translator certification:
- Translator certification attests to your professional competence and skills in a changing market, impacted by advancements in machine translation.
- With the techniques taught in this training course, you will be equipped to handle translations in diverse contexts.
- Translation of documents in a wide range of fields
- Proofreading and quality assurance
- Terminology and multilingual database development
Employment opportunities for translators:
84% of our graduates are working as translators within 6 months of certification.
In France, 80% of translators are self-employed. Most of them work from home as freelancers for translation agencies.
As vendors for other businesses, they must handle all the tasks involved in the service.
Certified translators working as freelancers run all aspects of their own business.
Satisfaction rate: 91% (250 respondents)
Certification success rate: 94%
Overall job placement rate: 95 %
*Data updated on 20 January 2023
Perform translation services professionally.
Assessment at the beginning of the training and evaluation at stages
Theory lectures supported by case studies and practical scenarios
Regular assessments with a trainer
Practice-centred learning methods
Languages of instruction:
Training provided in French, English, German and Spanish.
Average of 10/20 across all certification components
Validation by skill block: Yes
Equivalence: Translation diploma
Bridge programs: No
Career opportunities: Professional translator
Distance learning through an online course platform
For inquiries regarding the accommodation of people with disabilities, please contact the Edvenn disability coordinator.
Required initial level and prerequisites:
Perfect command of working languages
Proficiency in word processing and spreadsheet software
2-year degree or equivalent
2 years of professional experience (in any field)
Requirements for success:
Start the program at any time
Admission based on application: CV, cover letter and translation test
Submit the application at least 1 month before the desired start date
Registration fee: €85
Each unit of the program can be taken separately. Contact us for more information on this matter.